Charlie asked me to try out her latest pattern before she released it back in August, but I was a bad tester and didn't manage to in the time frame needed- Bad Freya!
Charlie started Audrey and Me patterns this year, and this is her second (and third, including the Hepburn Dress) pattern, the first, The Fairy Tail Cape, I also got to test.
I finally managed to get round to making this skirt this last week- it took me so long for a couple of reasons, one of which was that it took me ages to decide the fabric. I didn't really have a clear idea what I wanted, but I kept searching for inspiration. I found the perfect fabric on the Minerva crafts website, a stretch cotton which simply struck a cord.
The pattern is a beautiful panelled skirt, which is really simple to put together and comes in two lengths. Charlie has made some lovely versions with colour blocking, which it lends itself nicely to. I cut a straight size 16, based on my waist measurements, which fits perfectly. I also cit the shorter length due to my petit stature, is the mini version, and falls just a couple of inches above me knee. The longer length would fall further past my knee than would suit, so if I'd ever make the longer version at knee length I'll need to make a small adjustment.
I bought some fuse and fold waistband interfacing to try, which I really liked using because it saves cutting regular interfacing in to long stripes, which always end up wonky when I do it. Although using the fuse and fold made interfacing the waist a lot easier, after just one wear i can feel the interfacing coming away from the waistband. I'm going to try ironing in on again, and see how it lasts.
The stretch cotton is perfect for this make, it's so comfortable to wear. And dark florals are so in this season!
This pattern is available to buy as a PDF download for just €7, and will prove to be a valuable inclusion in to your handmade wardrobe!