Thursday, 27 September 2012

Blue 1950's Dress


This was the first dress I maded with my own seweing machine.  I totally adore this silhouette and so I just got stuck in to making it.  I has nice memories attached as it was made in the blissful time between my final exams at university and results day :-D






This is a McCall's pattern, number M5094, I've done it twice now, this dress and my red gingham one.

I find this quite easy to wear, mostly dresses down.  It still has a little bit of a 'dressing up clothes' vibe to it, but I think at some point I'm just going to make it an underskirt and go with it.  It really fits in at the vintage fair, but I've also worn it to places like Harry Potter Studio Tour and the pub.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...