Thursday, 18 October 2012

Green Tea Dress

I made this dress as a practice run for a blue version I want to make based on the dress Katniss wears in the reaping scene in the Hunger Games.




I used the New Look pattern number 6069, view C.  The fabric is half of a double dovet cover I found in a charity shop, don't think it cost me more than £2.50 total.

I'm really pleased with the result,  Love this shape on me, think it's great.  I actually bought a similar tea dress in blue last year!

I've had one problem with it, and that is that the right sleeve doesnt fit right, and has ripped.  I fixed it once, but it happened again.  Next time I want to fix that, so I need to research how. 


Summary
Fabric: cotton sheet from a local charity shop
Notions: 22" zip
Challenges: I found putting this dress together quite hard actually,  so all of it! But I'm glad I did it so next time it'll be easier
Hours: Ages! I did this over a couple of months because it was quite hard.
Cost: £1.25 for the fabric, £1ish for the zip
Do it again?:  Actually, that is the plan, I've got a blue cotton ready.


Freya May

8 comments:

  1. I really love the back of this dress. And the fabric choice!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us! Following you now :) Hope to see you again next time!

    ♥Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super please with how it turned out, ready to get on with the blue version now.
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of this dress - it really does look like the dress Katniss wears - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it'll look really similar in the blue fabric I've got! Thanks for stoping by :-)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet dress. Looking forward to seeing the blue version:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just cut out all the pieces for the blue one, stay tuned for it soon!
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. Oh WOW! I love this (and your sandals)! You did a great job, and it looks so cute on you!

    Found you through me + the moon's Friday hop!

    Vanessa
    7jaded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked hard on this one- thanks for popping by :D
      xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...