Monday, 10 December 2012

12 Crafts of Christmas- Felt Baubles


This is only our second Christmas with our own Christmas tree, the first year we we're married we went home to Dave's parents for the university Christmas holidays, so we just had one of those mini trees, with out proper decorations on in our student house.  We've got a set of nice baubles, and each year, we've decided, we're going to get two new baubles to hang on the tree, and that's it.  So we build up our collection of decorations slowly and with memories.

This year I thought I should make something, instead of buying them, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time I don't have on this, so I racked my brain and remembered this felt I bought a few years back with the intention of making something Christmassy out of it- perfect!

I'm particularly please that they are pre-decorated, so I really don't have to put a lot of effort in to making something super cute.


I used the sellotape roll as my template, and cut out four large circles (round the outside) and four smaller circles(round the inner) using my pinking shears.


Then I chose green embroidery thread for contrast and stitched two circles together using running stitch most of the way around.  Then I stuffed them with toy stuffing, stitched up the gap and used the thread to create a loop by which to hang them.  I was feeling dead lazy, but alternatively you could stitch in a loop of ribbon, which would give it a smarter finish.


Sadly, I don't have children to blame the less than perfect stitching on, it's all me.


I think they're great! They make a really cute addition to our tree :)

Freya May

6 comments:

  1. hi, i'm following the "an aloha affair blog hop" i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog :D I will be sure to stop by yours to and check it out.
      Freya May

      Delete
  2. I just made almost identical ornaments! I didn't think ahead to take photos for a lovely tutorial so I just linked to your blog from my blog :)
    http://kathhhhhysews.blogspot.com/2012/12/its-that-time-of-year-rick-rack-season.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! Though, I like yours a lot more than mine, tbh :D
      Freya May

      Delete
  3. I found you through the Aloha Affair Blog Hop and followed you. Feel free to visit my blog anytime and maybe follow if you like what you see there ;-)

    kisses Keke (Pakize)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Nice to have you with us. I'll be sure to check out ur blog.
      Freya May

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...