Thursday, 17 January 2013

Cath Kidson and Her Knitting Needle Case

So I told myself that when I owned 5 or more knitting needles, I really need to make a case to store them in or they would just end up cluttering up my desk or getting lost in unusual places (hello, the one we found in my Christmas stocking!).

So when my mum gave me her knitting stuff and it took me over that magic number (plus a couple of crochet hooks too) I popped 'Hairspray' on and set to work making a case to keep them all in,




I was given the Cath Kidson 'Sew' book for Christmas which had the perfect thing in, so I found the fabric I wanted to use and set to work.

Annoyingly, I found the instructions really hard to follow and ended up winging it for the most part.  I don't know it it was just that project as I've not tried any others yet, but I was just thinking 'What on earth does that mean?!' the whole way through.


I managed to finish it off, of course.  It's a really simple design in reality, like a large pencil case, but, boy! Those instructions had me baffled.

In the end, really please with the result, a little bit of my stash used up and a pretty place to neatly keep all them pesky needles :D


Has anyone else used this book and had trouble? Or found it really good?


7 comments:

  1. Following from the aloha hop! I need to make one of these for my crochet hook, I find them in the most random places like when I'm vacuuming the car... I look forward to reading more!

    Loni
    http://thesportsmanswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably end-up doing a tutorial for a crochet hook case this year- made one for a friends Birthday and they're really quick to put together. Thanks for following, it's great to have you along!
      Freya May

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it was quite nessacery! xxxx

      Delete
  3. Super cute! Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative link party!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also trying to follow this pattern and have been struggling i just don't understand it! been looking online to see if i can find a tutorial of it as i just cant wrap my head around it!

    Yours looks great though :) hope mine will turn out okay

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...