Thursday, 10 January 2013

Guest Post: MaryBeth's Button Bobby Pins

I'm taking two weeks off blogging to write my end of semester essays, so I leave you in the hands of some of my favourite bloggers, to entertain you while I sit in the library, pulling my hair out and trying not to fail :D


MaryBeth is lovely blogger I've been following for a while now, I love her combination of fashion, DIYs and rants! I'm very excited for her to share this great and quick tutorial with us, enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

My name is MaryBeth, and I blog at SecondHand Couture. I am so happy to have the chance to guest post for Freya. 

I recently have wanted to make some embellished bobby pins. I originally wanted to put pearls on the end, but I didn't have the right supplies. And naturally, since I'm too cheap to go buy the correct supplies, I figured out how to make some pins with what I had.

Here are the totally boring, original bobby pins. Lame, right?


Using hot glue, a needle, and thread, I transformed these little creatures. I hot glued each bobby pin to the button with a small amount of hot glue, just to keep it stable. Afterward, I doubled up my thread through a needle and  wound it around the pin through the button. When I had sewn enough that it wasn't moving much, I tied off the thread and hot glued the button some more. I'm sure you could make this with only the needle and thread, but when you have a hot glue gun, you may as well use it, right? Am I right?




 I found that the buttons with one hole on the bottom of the button worked best for this project. I tried some of the standard buttons, but failed at it. Haha.


I ended up making seven button-bobbypins, and I'm excited to wear them! Even with my new short haircut I can still wear fun bobby pins to make up for my lack of hair. Haha.

I would love for you guys to come visit my blog! I blog about refashions, projects, my life, and add some rants in for excitement.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Slip of the finger! Glad You liked the tutorial Erica,Thanks for reading :D

      Delete
  2. Hey there - new follower from the linkup! Love your blog & can't wait to read more :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    Rachel
    http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Welcome! I'll be sure to stop by your blog too!
      Freya May

      Delete
  3. These bobby pins are adorable! I really think I should make some :) Good luck with your exams! S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so cute in MaryBeth's hair, don't they!
      Freya May

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...