Sunday, 20 January 2013

Liebster Award


The lovely Sunae from Little Foal Nominated me for the Liebster award over the Christmas Holidays, it's an honor to receive it, I just love knowing people out there enjoy reading what I've got to say!!!


The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.

The Rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!


11 Random Things About Me

  1. I stopped growing when I was about 13 years old, maybe grown a half inch since then, and I'm a wee 5'2" tall.
  2. I own three pet rats, all boys: Jack, Glen and Jamie.  Dave named them after whiskeys.
  3. I love learning stuff, it makes me feel cleaver, so I'll probably take an evening class or something when I (finally) leave full time education.
  4. I read the first Harry Potter book when I was ten and spent the whole following year hoping for my Hogwarts letter, when it didn't come, I played 'Hogwarts' anyway.
  5. Along those lines, I read the 4-6 HP books in less than 5 hours a piece when I first got them.  I used to be a speed reader, but haven't kept this up in recent years.
  6. I'm studying Sociology, which I guess you know, but what I like about it is that it is an attempt at answering the hardest questions regarding society and solving the problems we face.  It doesn't necessarily succeed, but I like that it tries.
  7. I learnt to spell Beautiful thanks to Bruce Almighty (B-E-A-UT-I-FUL).
  8. I'm watching 'Avengers' as I type this.
  9. When I was younger I played Rugby and practiced Karate for years. 
  10. I'm gluten intolerant.
  11. I know (almost) all the words to Bust a Move, Glee version at least.

11 questions from Sunae:

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any era, where would it be?

I used to be super interested in the Ancient Egyptians  so I guess then would be cool- as long as I was a princess or something of course

2. Why did you start blogging? Has your reason for blogging changed/evolved since then?

I started blogging influenced by 'Playing Grownups' which I just thought was awesome and lovely and I wanted to emulate it with my old blog, but it's certainly changed since, whole new blog and all.  Now I just want to make pretty things and chat to others who like to make pretty things too.


3. Cuddles or kisses?
Um, both?


4. Movies or books?
Depending on my mood, I'm a bookworm, no doubt, but sometimes vegging in front of a film is perfect, especially as you can do two things at once.


5. What is your dream job?
Making a living out of crafts would be amazing!  It's my long term goal, but I've a way to go before I'm skilled enough to make a living out of it.

6. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Primary teacher by day, dressmaker by night.  Hopefully doing some craft fairs and stuff.


7. Describe your first kiss
Dark and awkward, that's all you get.


8. If you could meet any blogger, who would it be?
Oh, hard! There are lots of girls out there I'd love to meet! 


9. Where is the most interesting place you have been in your life so far? What sets it apart from the rest?
I went to Madagascar in my gap year, Oh, that was super interesting!  I'm a Western girl, born and raised, so experiencing how people live in another part of the work that is so different was awesome.


10. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside!


11. If you could choose only 3 outfits to wear for the rest of your life, what would they be?
As long as it was perpetually summer, right? I love to live in summer dresses and skirts (hence why they're pretty much all I make!) So a nice selection with some pretty shoes and I'd be happy.

I think those were great questions! My turn to think of some, forgive the stolen ones.

1. Where did your blog name come from?
2. If you could master any craft, what would it be?
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
4. What is your favorite film?
5. What is your own favorite blog post that you've written?

6. What is the best thing you have ever eaten? 
7. Movies or Books
8. On a scale of one to ten, how well do you sing?
9. Where is your favorite place to go
10. What's your favorite ice cream brand and flavor? 
11. Have you ever met someone famous?  If so, who was it? 


My nominees are:
In Her Boots
Fran's Cinematic Musings
Ferguson Finds
From L&P to English Tea
Jenny Sews 2
Kathy Sews
Secondhand Couture
Sew, Incidentally
Sew, Sew
Sewing Through the Motions
What Katie Found

Please, post a link in the comments to your page so I can check out your answers!  Feel free to accept but not bother with the questions, I almost did!  I felt like a bit of a spammer messaging you all, so I'm sorry! 

2 comments:

  1. :O We are like, the SAME person!!

    I have rats, I'm a TA in a primary school, training to be a teacher= the same!
    Anyway, I'm loving some of your makes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love meeting Kindred spirits! stick around, it'd be great to know you better.xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...