Friday, 18 January 2013

Ticking Something off the List

I'm on track for one of the items on my '10 in 2013' list.  Yesterday, my mother-in-law took me wool shopping for this jumper I'm going to knit this year.  She's a wonderful knitter and has loads of experience which I plan on taking advantage of while I struggle through this first proper project.

I did take one of my vintage knitting patterns that I've somehow collected recently, but it was decided it would be too complicated for a first go, plus, we weren't sure on the wool to use.  Instead we picked up a new pattern which looks simple enough.


Don't they look happy in their warm jumpers!

I'm going to do the V-neck one, as I have a lot of crew neck jumpers already.

I've got some lovely chunky blue wool for this project, really like these colours.


To tell you the truth, what I'm most excited about is the fact that this jumper design will be perfect for making Harry Potter themed jumpers- you know the ones Mrs Weasley makes with their initials on? If this jumper goes well, I can tell you now what Dave'll be getting for Christmas!

I'll show you how I'm getting on next month.  Hopefully, I'll be further along than the casting on stage, which I haven't started yet...


2 comments:

  1. Oh those jumpers look amazing. And SO warm for these cold winter months. I'm impressed that you knit. I wish I was more crafty like that! Just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie, its great to have you on my blog:) I'm a newbie knitter, this'll be my first real project and I'm really quite excited!

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...