Monday, 25 February 2013

Handmade Jumper Update #1

My jumper is coming along so nicely!!! It took me a just under a month complete the back section in between uni work and other projects.  I try and do it when we're sat watching telly, but I'm hopeless at remembering until half way through- so many wasted hours!!!



I'm so please with it so far.  No major errors in the finished piece, but I have to say that the lesson I'm most glad I've learnt is 'un-knitting', and undoing so I can repair or redo rows when I have made mistakes.  I wont lie to you, I've had to call on my mother-in-law a few times for her help!

Next up is the front piece (this is the back, btw), and it should present problems of it's own as I'm planning on doing a V-neck.  I shall certainly be asking for help with that!!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through The GFC Collective Blog Hop.

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Welcome! Always great to have awesome new followers!

      Delete
  2. It's looking good! I love knitting in front of the telly, it's really relaxing. I am in the middle of knitting a dress for my baby girl...but I went wrong and had to unravel it all. :o( I need to learn how to take a few rows off and start again, it's hard! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the most useful skill, but I dont think I could explain it well enough not to just ruin your knitting anyway. I'd Love to see pictures or your project when it's done!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute!
    I found your blog through the GFC Collective Hop, now following :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been really fun making it too! Excited to have you following, xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is a lot of work - super adorable. Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be worth it- I already love it! xxx

      Delete
  5. It's looking really nice! You're so brave for attempting a sweater. I haven't made it that far yet, and don't know if I ever will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do it!!! Before I started the most knitting I had done was knitting 6 squares towards a blanket I'm far from finishing:D Just do it!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a wonderful blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much:) It's great to have you following along :) xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...