Monday, 4 February 2013

She's Full of Hot Air

I guess this is my dress for January.  We're going to a wedding in March, the perfect excuse to make a pretty, swooshy dress out of some fun balloon print fabric.





The pattern is turning in to my absolute favourite, the style is right up my street- half of my ready to wear dresses are the same!  It's Simplicity 4070, I've made it twice now, but the first attempt didn't go to plan.

I cut a size twelve at the neck and shoulders down to a 14 at the waist.

I think I need a belt to break up the pattern though, I'm thinking Tilly's Bow Belt would be perfect! I've got enough lining fabric left to make it, it's a bright pink sateen/crepe type fabric, it will look lovely!!!

Summary

Fabric: 100% cotton for the dress and up-cycled polyester curtains for the lining
Notions: One 14" Zip
Challenges: This dress was really easy to put together, Lovely!
Lessons Learnt: Hand sewing the zip isn't worth it :D 
Hours: 8 or so.
Cost: I got the fabric for my birthday last year (thanks Dad!), the lining cost about £4 from a second hand store and £1 for the zip
Do it again?: Absolutely, love, love, love this dress style.




13 comments:

  1. I, too, love this style! I might look into buying that pattern! I'm still very much a beginner with patterns but I have stacks of cheap fabric to practise on and a few other, more simple dresses in the making at the moment, so hopfully I won't screw up too bad if I give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great pattern! Buy it :) its quite an easyone too. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I love the print :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I keep meaning to buy more demure fabric, but I just love bright colours! xx

      Delete
  3. That is a fabulous print, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, it's from the arket in my hometwn,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this fabric. Lovely dress :) Thanks for linking up to the weekly creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress turned out so cute, looks really nice on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute fabric! Thank you for stopping by and linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is amazing! Can't go wrong with balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...