Monday, 25 March 2013

Knitting Update #2 and a Trip to the Beer Feastival

I've had a really great weekend! Uni broke up on Thursday so I've really just got to get on with my second semester essays over the next 7 weeks- busy but totally doable!

Then I managed to find some time to do some sewing on Saturday morning! Woop! Feel like I haven't actually sat at my machine and made something for an age!  I did start on sewing together a dress last week, but my French seems went quite wrong, and I got fed up and left it.  I'll share with you my new skirt and top next week, I'm planning on wearing them on Easter Sunday.

This weekend the Leicester Beer Festival came to a close, so we headed in to check out the range of local beers and ciders- yum!  Jude, who we went to uni with, came up to join in the fun!


One of the best things about the festival is that you can buy 1/3 of a pint- which means you can try random beers and not worry if you don't like it! This equals much trying- 9 different beers to be exact.  We didn't stay long, especially as we had to drive in to the city and too much beer wouldn't be a good idea.  


And I wore the cutest outfit.  But I didn't take photos of it because I was having too much fun!  This is precisely why I'd suck at ever being a 'style blogger'.

Anyways, this is meant to be my monthly update on my knitting project.  This month has been way slower in progress, and it took me at least five tries to get the ribbing done right, but I was finally happy with it and have managed to make some progress, so I'm happy enough with that.  


The other thing I missed was reducing the number of stitches between the ribbing and the stocking stitch.  I figure this isn't going to be a problem, fingers crossed anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like me on Facebook too?
I have just made a Facebook page, so please head over there to 'like' me :D Fun new world of status updates, Instagram photos and notifications for when I post- it's the cool new way to stay in touch ;-)

2 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely! I've had to start three times on mine, but haven't picked it up in a few weeks. Demotivated! Well done for keeping at it and getting the rib the way you want it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying motivated is the challenge, I would love to see some photos of how yours is coming along.
      xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...