Monday, 22 April 2013

Up-Cycled Blouse

I finished the first draft of one of my essays early last week and rewarded myself with a little late night sewing :) seriously, I started about 930, but luckily I had a quick project in mind.  Naturally, it wasn't one from my pile of plans, nor finishing off the t-shirt or dress I'm currently half way through making- really, don't be silly!

Nope, this was a Pinterest inspired refashion/upcycle, following the idea from Cotton and Curls.  

I followed the instructions, but made a boo-boo at the fitting stage, ending up with a shirt that is just too snug on me :(  I used a boxy t-shirt as a guide, which is really loose fitting, so I don't know where I went wrong! I even remembered to leave seam allowance, so I really, really have to blame it on sewing past my bed time.

However, I'm stubborn and love to procrastinate, and seeing as it only took an hour to complete  I made another one morning after...



The first one I made from a men's shirt I bought from a charity shop ages ago for myself, thinking that I would totally wear a loose fitting shirt.  As you can imagine, in reality it has hung in my wardrobe for the last few years, not getting that much wear at all.  The other shirt I found in David's side of the wardrobe, with it's pocket slightly ripped off (I have a faint memory of him asking me to sew it back on a while a go, must have slipped my mind!).  Anyway, a quick 'mind if I cut up your shirt' text later and I'm ready for mark2 of the cute blouse.


The second time round I got the fit right, loose but cute (imho).  I had to add little pleats however, across the front of the shoulders to help with the fitting as the neck line came out really loose, like, 'keep readjusting yourself loose'.  Fixed that for the most part with the pleats though, so I'm happy with the final item.  

6 comments:

  1. I love this, you are so clever! It is totally cute and fits really well, I wouldn't know where to start! Well done for getting the draft of your essay done too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with how the second one turned out, thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the pleats - they add a nice, feminine touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A necessary add on, but I do love how it turned out, win!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks great on you. Love the scoop neckline. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) soo pleased with it! xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...