Friday, 10 May 2013

MMM'13 Week 2


Another week of Me Made May down, and it's been fun but is getting more challenging- Having to think more about what outfits I'm putting together to remember to include something handmade or refashioned. 

I love Sundays outfit, that Sorbetto top is quickly becoming my favourite, and you can see I wore it again on  Monday!  The skirt I'm wearing is also 'me-made', I've been working on it in between essays and I am so proud of it! It's got a super neat finish on the inside, and cute contrast pocket linings- it deserves its own post, which I'll do in the coming weeks.

On Monday we went for a picnic in the park with friends, enjoying the glorious sun that the bank holiday blessed us with.  I wore my blue picnic skirt (kinda 'cos I had to) and the white Sorbetto again.  Perfect outfit for a perfect day!


Tuesday quickly became the kinda day where I just didn't get dressed- and I'm not ashamed!  Luckily I have recently made some new pj's, so MMM'13 was not interrupted :)  I also started my 5k training on Tuesday, I'm doing a 9 week, couch to 5k plan, and so far, two runs in, it's going well!

Wednesday I had to go to uni to hand in one of my essays (woop!) so clothes were not optional.  The top I wore is another recently made item, up-cycled from a men's shirt I thifted in mint and used the Sorbetto pattern to make it into a vest top. So happy with this make, but I spilt curry down it :( so working on stain removing.

Wednesday was actually a really good day!  I wrote 2,000 out 4,000 words of my final essay, handed in my other essay, met with my Dad, Mum, sister and Aunt, who is visiting from the States! We went for food and had a great time chatting and catching up.  My aunt used to teach textiles and home ec. too!


Thursday was spent looking at a house that Dave and I might move into, and writing another large chunk of my essay.  The jeans are ones I've up-cycled and wear a lot, the top is thrifted, and one of my favourites, the cardigan is an old Topshop one.  More news will come on our moving plans when they start taking real shape.

And today, Friday, I'm looking at more houses with my Dad, and (fingers crossed) finishing off my final essay- yay!  I'm wearing my purple peplum top and skinny jeans, as I think my Dad's picking me up on his motorcycle.  Should be a good day!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, well done, they all look fab! I love the peplum top and the pjs look super comfy! Good luck house hunting and well done for getting some essay work out of the way, you have been busy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having so much fun this MMM, so excited to be taking part! xxx

      Delete
  2. Friday's purple peplum is my fave! All your outfits look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my fave too, thinking I'm gunna need to make more soon :D xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the purple top from Friday! I hope to start sewing clothes in the future :)

    I wanted to invite you to join in our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday night till the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/05/meet-greet-blog-hop-26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I will totally check it out! Thanks for the invite :) xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...