Friday, 31 May 2013

MMM'13 Week 5- The End!


Last weekend was spent in Cambridge with my Brother-in-Law and his fiancée.  We had brunch, wandered around town, went for a walk to an awesome cafe in an orchard, and went to see Muse in London on Saturday! Great day!  I went for comfort and settled on my handmade strippey t-shirt, jeans and David's hoodie. Perfect.

On Sunday, we went to church in Cambridge, and headed home.  I wore my newest Sorbetto top, and my favourite black skirt and cardigan. 


Monday was another glorious sunny day, and the first day of half term! Homemade cut off jean shorts, t-shirt and a cardi was the name of the game.

Tuesday I wore my grey circle skirt and a refashioned 'I Heart New York' t-shirt.


Wednesday I wore my flamingo t-shirt, jeans and a cardi.

Thursday I wore my new sorbetto top again, a super comfortable black tube skirt and a light weight cardigan,


On Friday I wore my red a-line skirt, a vest top which I refashioned with a peter pan collar, and my favourite cream vintage cardigan.


Things I've learnt over the course of MMM'13:
  1. After making 6 Dresses, I actually own just 2 wearable ones- So pushing making more dresses up my  plans priority list.
  2. I really miss my ready to wear wardrobe! I have lots of lovely dresses in particular that I want to wear but couldn't! If I see you IRL expect me in pretty pretty dresses.
  3. Things that are missing from my 'me made' wardrobe include trousers, dresses, work wear and stuff that fits.
It's been a really fun month, I've really enjoyed being able to say, each and every day, that I made something I'm wearing.  I have no doubt that I will continue to make and wear much of my wardrobe, I just want to start taking more notice of what I make so that I make, like, 'collections' of stuff that goes together more.  You know what I mean.  


1 comment:

  1. You did it! Yay. You have done so well, can you imagine what choices you will have next May. I can't wait to see the dresses you make in the future. I really want to make another skirt for Ruby but I have been so rubbish with sewing lately - booo! Enjoy the sun this weekend. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...