Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Sewing Plans

Quick update for you, I didn't get on my PGCE course, so I will not be training to be a teacher in September.  I'm actually really okay with that though.  I was having doubts in the interim after my interview and before I heard back and I wasn't sure I would accept a place if I did get on anyway.

Well that choice was made for me in the end and I'm nervous and excited about the alternative future it means for me.  For one, it means that I will have time next year to pursue my hobbies, I was afraid I wouldn't have any time to sew if I did do a PGCE, as friends who've done it have had their lives taken over by coursework and planning etc.

Secondly, I'm going to have a second attempt at doing NaNoWriMo in November, and am starting my planning my story for that asap.

Finally, I hope to do a evening dressmaking/sewing class in the autumn or new year.  I'm so pleased with how my sewing is coming along and I can see myself improving with each project.  And I want to keep getting better so I think a evening class is the perfect way to do just that.

So, on Monday I handed in my end of semester essays, Woooh! So happy!  Now I've just got to focus on my Dissertation, 15,000 words by start of September.  Better not slack!  I also hope to get a summer job, I've got a couple of applications in, so fingers crossed!

And Tuesday was my Birthday! Wooohooo! Love birthdays, they are so much fun!!!  My dad picked me up and we spend the day in Nottingham, doing some shopping and some wandering around and I spent the evening with my Mum, her partner, John, his daughter, my Sister and Dave.

In Nottingham I bought some fabric with my birthday money, and Dad bought me a few bits, like bias binding makers and tracing wheel so I don't have to keep cutting out patterns- So excited for sewing lots and lots over the summer!

Here is  my long list of projects to get on with;


This jersey dress I'm finding difficult to put together with my sewing machine, but I'm persevering now and hope to get it done soon.  It is almost there, just need the straps attaching and then hemming.


Then there is this skirt I've cut out from a pattern which came with one of my books, I'm going to practice putting a lapped zip in, as I haven't actually done one before, I've just left my zips visible- very sloppy.


I bought the fabric and the pattern for these shorts last summer but never got round to making them, now they are at the top of my 'to-do' pile.  Planning on View F, as I like to keep things simple.



This is the fabric and pattern mum bought me the other week, must get on with putting that together soon too.


I was gifted this fabric from a family friend and it has always been destined to be a cute top.  Now I've found the perfect pattern I've no excuse but to get on with it.  I'm thinking View C.


And finally, another summer dress.  I bought this lawn from eBay for a song and have had this pattern since I started sewing.  Can't wait to get this one made up, I'm dreaming of wearing it on hot summer days!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love all of your up coming projects - you are going to be busy! The same thing happened to me a few years back, I applied for PGCE and didn't get a place. I was disappointed at first but I was never 100% sure I wanted to do it and think I was doing that option as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do! There is always next year, you have plenty of time. :) Happy birthday for Tuesday, it sounds like you had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, It was disappointing, but there are many other awesome things to do with my time. xxx

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...