Monday, 3 June 2013

Vintage Pattern Score!

Last week, in the half term holidays, which I just used as a further procrastinating excuse, I managed to drag David charity shopping on a couple of occasions.  I found two new party dresses, though one I'm not so sure about any more, so might send it back from whenst it came.  We found some new smart trousers for David, which I was going to turn in to shorts for the summer, but he's decided he likes them too much as is, so never mind.  We also found a wonderfully cute picnic basket to put some Honeymoon goodies in (is it just me or does that sound a little rude? I mean, food, obviously!) for our friends getting married in two weeks.  And, the thing I'm most excited about is new vintage dress patterns!  I posted a photo last Thursday on my Facebook Page, but I wanted to give you a closer look at the lovely 1960's pieces I found.


For a pound each, how could I resist!!!  They are all very 1960's, cute shift dresses, but the key is in the details...

 
 Princess seams and a scalloped hem- adorable!


It was the jacket that sold this one to me- I really want to have a go at putting a jacket or coat together for winter.  


Empire line, cute sleeves.  There is a lot you could do with this pattern.


And Finally, I love this! I think, despite the scalloped hem above, this is my favourite.  I'm on the hunt for the perfect fabric for this one as of now!


Sadly, only one of these patterns is in my size, the second one, so I might not be able to justify holding on to all the others :( I might save one or two for a September and blogiversary away... maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Such great patterns - my personal fav would have to be 4103. That jacket would be brilliant in my wardrobe...can't wait to see what you whip up...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the jacket sold it to me- unfortunately its on a large pile of sewing plans, but I hope to get to it quickly! xxx

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I love the last one best, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...