Sunday, 21 July 2013

Summer Time and the Livin' is Easy

I love summer! After another week of working on my dissertation and sending off a couple of job applications I have had a fantastic weekend with my girlfriends from uni.  Dave was off at his brothers stag so I called up my girls and we had a good old fashioned sleepover :D Films, food and face masks :)

It was so much FUN! I got to share one of my favourite teen movies (Sugar'n'Spice- pregnant cheerleader robs a bank! lol), watched Pitch Perfect and a lovely retelling of Pride and Prejudice.  Had a girls only BBQ, so much chocolate and wine and chats.

We all now live in separate cities, so we don't see each other very often, but we make an effort to get together every couple of months or so.  It's great when friendships are unaffected by distance.  


In way of sewing, I've started on a new project!  Not got very far with it so far, but I've cut out the pattern pieces and pinned it together on Sally (my mannequin).  I'm using Simplicity 5961, one of the sixties patterns I found in a charity shop recently.  


It's a size too small, so I added half an inch to each pattern piece.  So far I haven't made any further adjustments, but once it's based together (it's just pinned to Sally at the moment) I'll try it on and make any other necessary changes then.


I'm super pleased with it so far!  I love this fabric, it's a cotton lawn I was bought for my birthday (Thanks, Jon!)  It's such a pretty green, with white daisies all over it.

As I'm forgoing the facings for bias binding around the neck and arm holes, it is only four pattern pieces- when I get round to sewing it together, it should come together super quickly.



I'm making view 2, so I bought this lace from the local haberdashery to use around the empire line, neck line and as details on the bust.  I am using some plastic purl-y buttons from my stash too.


I'm not the only one who has been crafty this weekend.  When Dave got home from the Stag do, he made himself busy spray painting our garden chairs!  We were gifted these plain white chairs by a family friends, and we felt they needed a facelift.  




Look how lovely they already look in our garden! Really pleased with how these two have turned out, we just need to decided on the colours to paint the other two- I'm thinking purple and yellow?


BTW; I'm on Facebook- Like Me?

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric, and the lace around the neck looks so pretty - you are going to be busy sewing it together! I am well impressed with the chairs too, and your garden is looking fab. Hopefully you'll get lots of use out of it if the weather continues. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Fingers crossed that this weather continues! I love it :D
      X

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...