Monday, 5 August 2013

House tour #1 My Craft Space

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super nosy! I love to take a look around other peoples homes, check out where they live, eat, play.  In case you are the same, I've put together a little tour of my house for your viewing.  It's still a work in progress- I've a 'To Do' list the length of my arm- but I love it so much I have to share!

We moved in to our new house at the end of June.  It's a classic Victorian terrace, with a living room, dining room and kitchen downstairs, and two bedrooms and a large bathroom upstairs (to quote my sister- 'it's bigger than my BEDROOM!').  It was everything we were looking for when we decided to move, in the right area and everything.  We're just renting it at the moment.

So, to begin, let me share with you my craft space.


My sewing space is at the end of the kitchen.  It's the perfect amount of space for my huge desk and everything I need for sewing.  

I've got two sets of shelves from Ikea which make up the ends of my desk and I keep my fabric stored in boxes underneath.  This is useful for keeping the stash down as I automatically feel guilty when those boxes are too full for more so I stash bust for a bit before shopping for more. 

I just used a tiny bit of my stash to recover the ironing board- pretty happy with the DIY attempt, although it's far from perfect :s


I like to keep most of my desk clear, but I have to find a space for this beautiful cross stitch I bought on Etsy.  I love cross stitch, especially samplers,but am too lazy to complete one myself, so when I found this on-line I had to buy it. You can see my attempt at cross stitch behind (the owl), that's as far as I got with it before I got bored.

On the other side of the desk lives my chair, which is covered with my Grandma's crocheted blanket and two pillows I actually made for the garden, my knitting basket with a lone ball of wool, and Sally, my mannequin.  I keep things like elastic and tape in the wall shelves and have yet to find a space or use for the mini-shelves/ spice rack.  I need to update the list of projects on the chalkboard too!


I was glad there was space to fit in this set of shelves too, it's so useful for both uni and craft books, and holds all my patterns in the baskets on the top shelf.  I keep bits and pieces in the labeled draws I finished last week and my cottons etc in my sewing box.

Next up I'll show you around my kitchen, were Dave and I both love to cook, bake and generally make a mess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...