Monday, 9 September 2013

Busy Weekends are Always Fun!

Hey Guys,

I'm so looking forward to being able to get some sewing done again, I've put off getting into any new projects for the last couple of weeks while I powered on through and completed my diss.  And then this weekend has been to busy to get any sewing in, but look where I've been!





Sorry for the blurry iphone pics, I wasn't sure if I should be photographing stuff so I was doing so in a hurry and forgot about the simple things, like focus!



These two dresses were the “pièce de résistance” of the fair, stunningly beautiful dresses from the 50's.  They came with a hefty price tag too, £95 for the blue one! I had to snap photos of them, so beautifully made, and I love the details.  Storing them away for future inspiration.

That was Saturday, on Sunday I went to an open house event, Julia is setting up a sewing business offering workshops in Leicester, and she lives just round the corner from me!





This is a selection of the lovely projects you can make in her workshops, but if your not in Leicester you should follow her blog instead, as there are a selection of tutorials on there too! 

I also met Sarah, who organises Leicester's Crafty Ladies, and runs a series of classes in all different crafts, from sewing, to crochet, to flower arraigning, to glass bead work (or something).

It was really nice to be able to have some real sewing chat, especially as both Julia and Sarah are much, much more experienced than I am.  I hope to be able to get involved with the crafty side of Leicester this year, there is so much going on!

8 comments:

  1. Wow - I'd love to go to a Vintage Fair, I just seem to miss them every time! This one looks amazing. Did you buy anything there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, but I've been skint the last few times they've been in twn :( find them on Facebook and they'll let u know the next time one is near you, xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, those dresses are lovely! I bet you could easily make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gunna try :D but probs not until next summer now :(
      x

      Delete
  3. This fair looks so cool! But I just want to buy everything I see! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd love a house filled with old stuff- working on it, slowly
      x

      Delete
  4. The vintage fair sounds great and those dresses look easily make-able!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, thats one of the reasons I got into dressmaking, the cocky 'I can do that' side of me :D
      x

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...