Thursday, 3 October 2013

Sew and Stitch Magazine Review

I thought I'd treat myself to a new magazine subscription, so when I saw the advert for 'Sew and Stitch' magazine on the telly I decided it would be a good one to try.  It's one of these weekly collectable magazines which comes with a freebie.

photo 1

I thought it might be nice to have a go at some other, non-dressmaking, yet still sewing, projects which is why this magazine was attractive.  Plus, it comes with some sweet freebies- including a cutting mat, a sewing box, various sewing toys and the pieces to make a beachy themed quilt!  

The first issue kicks off with the first quilt piece, some bunting, a clutch bag and a pillow case-  three of which I plan to make (at some point).


Doing these patchwork pieces is actually really great for me as one of the areas of sewing I need to work on is my hand stitching skills.  I tend to do everything under the machine, as it's so much quicker.  But I really need to practice doing things by hand, so when I need to it's that much neater.


What I particularly like about this magazine format is that it is free from adverts, it's stripped down to instructions and tips.  On the other hand, it also doesn't have any articles or interviews or anything like that, so it's not a magazine to sit down and read.  

I get to look forward to getting it in the post every week, yay! But that does make it quite expensive (99p for the first, £2.99 for the second, £3.99 from there on in) so I'm thinking I'll get it for a couple of months, then stop.  That'll give me enough quilt pieces for a couple of cushion covers and I'll get all those lovely freebies :D

Have you read any good magazines recently?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it gives ideas for projects you will love doing so it is well worth it for a few months I would say.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...