Sunday, 29 December 2013

Christmas Dress

I literally just made this in time for Christmas Day! Still hemming it on Christmas Eve night! It was totally worth I though, I love it so much!  I like having a new dress for Christmas because it adds to the occasion and means that when ever I wear the dress afterwards I am reminded of the day. This is the first year I  made a dress though, the last two years I have bought one specially.


As you can see, I used the Deer and Doe Belladone pattern, in a blue and green tartan I bought on my birthday back in May. I had this exact project in mind at the time, so it was extremely forward planning. I love the shape of the Belladone, especially the back detail. I knew that when I started my foray into independent patterns I would have to buy it.


The dress has some minor errors that I need to fix in the new year, but I just wanted to get it finished in time for Christmas Day, so I didn't worry about them. 


I cut a size 40/12 out, which fits me nicely. And followed the instructions exactly- well almost exactly.  The pattern comes with a facing for the hem, which I didn't use.  It was a new concept for me and although I will probably use it next time I make this up, I didn't have time to experiment this time round. 


I love this dress so much! Despite its flaws, I think it's perfect!! I can totally see many more of them in my near future :)  and it was the perfect dress for Christmas Day.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day too! X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...