Wednesday, 22 January 2014

A Black, Sheer Scout Tee

I've been meaning to make some clothes for going out in for a little while, but really just wanted something comfortable and with a relaxed feeling, and hadn't yet found the right top pattern- but when I got a copy of Grainline's Scout Tee as part of my Secret Santa present I knew it would be the perfect pattern for what I had in mind.  I really like the sheer top trend, and got myself some black sheer chiffon from the market to make it up in.  I found this a difficult fabric to work with, but taking care and my time with it meant I'm really quite pleased with the outcome.




I'm not one to wear a sheer top without a layer underneath.

I don't have a lot else to say about this make- simple enough, really like this pattern, will definitely make it again, I haven't got any fabric in mind at the moment, which just means I get to go fabric shopping at some point!!



6 comments:

  1. really pretty! i haven't seen many sheer versions. i'm too scared to work with chiffon. must try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Just use a ton of pins and you'll be fine! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I love the sheer top trend, but I'm also not one of these ladies that would wear it without a second layer of fabric ;)

    This top would also look fantastic over a little black/red/blue sleeveless dress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...