Monday, 13 January 2014

Coat Plans for 2014

Hey Guys! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas/ New Years period.  It's been two weeks since I last sat down at my sewing machine after a crazy rush to get my Christmas Dress and David Christmas present finished in time- I'm planning on sharing that with you soon, needs a couple of adjustments first.

So, 2014, for me I'm expecting it to be a year of development and improvements.  I'm  planning on challenging myself in a few different ways over the next twelve months, and the first big project with this in mind is going to be to make myself a new coat!


My dad bought me the pattern and fabric, plus all the notions, for Christmas.  We got the fabric at the local market stall- It's my favourite fabric place in Leicester as there is a fantastic selection of all kinds of fabric- heaven! I originally wanted cream or off white wool, but because its the end of the season, there wasn't enough of the fabric left, so I decided to go with this sage green instead.  And I picked this fantastic lining too.


I spent a while choosing which coat pattern to make.  I considered the offerings from the independent designers, but none were quite what I was looking for.  I wanted something smart, and long, but not too long- I'm quite short.  Simplicity 2311 is almost exactly what I wanted, so I've decided on View A, no belt, shorter length, and smooth sleeve heads.


I'll keep you up dated as I work in this.  I don't want to rush this project, I want it to be my best piece of work ever!! I've got my muslin fabric (yes, that's right, I'm making a muslin, I an't no fool!).  Can't wait to get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...