Monday, 3 March 2014

The Notebook Sewalong #1

Hello Gang!

A group of super talented sewers and myself have banded together to bring you The Hollywood Sewalong- The Notebook.  The plan is to take inspiration from the film and stitch ourselves an outfit or dress based on the fashionistic stylings of Ms. Allie Hamilton.  We'll post our inspiration, plans and final pieces over the next couple of months, so stay tuned and join in! 

The brief given to everyone is to create something based on the fashion seen in the film, which gives us the space to directly reproduce an outfit, do modern take on something or use something as insperation and create something brand new!  This means there is so much scope for creativity and gives us the chance to have a lot of fun with it! I, for one, am so excited!!!

This film was chosen because it has so many different and awesome styles in, so there is something for everyone. Also, forties fashion has so many gorgeous details, we will have so much fun picking out what we want to create based on the outfits from the film.  I love the shapes of this era, we've not quite moved to the full skirts of the 1950's, with the 'New Look' coming in to fashion towards the end of the 1940's, but we're still are only slowly moving away from the utilitarian look of the 1930's, so shorter skirts and flattering slim cuts were in too.  For more information on dressing in 1940's style and all the changes of the era, check out this Wiki How page on How to Dress in American 1940's Fashion.

Ok, so let me start with showing you some of my favourite outfits from the film-

*picture

*Picture

*picture

*picture

*picture
You can see Allie wears a lot of red, which is my colour too.  I'm definitely thinking of using something from the above to inspire my outfit.  You'll have to check back to see my plans develop ;)  Off to the drawing board I go.

If you want to join in, do! The more the merrier :D We'll be sorting out a Flickr group for you to upload photos to next month, so run along and watch the film, gather your inspiration and get sewing!

So, are you as excited as me? You have to check out the other girls blogs now too-

Amy from SewsnBows.com
and Courtney from makesphere.wordpress.com


5 comments:

  1. nice idea for a sewalong. look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your inspiration, Hannah! That bikini is killer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I just write Hannah? So sorry, hun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you'll be sewing for the The Notebook sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea for a sew along, I love The Notebook :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...