Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 in Review- The Wins

This last year I've blogged about 18 dressmaking projects, and I've already share those which I've not really worn since making them.  Today I get the fun job of picking out those which I've gotten a lot of wear out of.  I've seen my skills come on a long way this year, which makes this process of evaluating my makes really interesting.  Plus it's giving me an idea of what I want to focus on in the next years projects.  



I wear this dress all the time, it's my go to casual dress and I can't tell you how much I love it.  I splashed out on the fabric, which is a cotton with slight stretch from the John Lewis habby.  I think that it makes all the difference in terms of the comfort of the dress.  I put a lot of effort in to this dress, and the results are totally worth it- which has taught me that I have to do that more often for garments I really love.




Again, with this dress the fabric makes all the difference.  I love the fit of this dress too.  Although I love the silhouette of full skirts, in real life, for day to day, shift dresses are better.  I had a great day at graduation, and have lovely memories of time spent with my family and celebrating and happiness.  This dress will always have that attached to it, making it one of my absolute favourites.




The Hepburn skirt is one of my more recent makes (though, I made it almost three months ago) and it has made its rounds in my wardrobe regularly since.  It's lovely item, and really versatile, so it's easy to wear and goes well with a lot of my stuff.  The Hepburn skirt is a firm favourite too.




This dress is also a firm favourite.  I had my eye on this pattern for ages, and gave in to temptation in the spring.  The fabric was a whim purchase from Minerva Crafts after seeing another seamstress make up a different dress in it- I had to have it for my self!  I love this dress so much, but I don't wear it as much as I'd like to- I needs to come into rotation more in the new year!




And lastly this denim skirt I made from a vintage pattern is another staple piece that I get a lot of wear out of.  You can't go far wrong with a denim skirt, to be fair, so it was a good call to make it up in tis fabric.  I haven't a lot to say about it, seeing as it's a simple skirt, but I'm really pleased with it as a make and certainly plan on making a spare soon.

So, that's 2014.  It's been a weird year, with lots of ups and downs.  I'm hoping the new year will be lovely and I can't wait to share with you more projects, tutorials, adventures and joy.  Happy New Year, Lovelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...