Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Christmas In Plaid



This dress almost didn't get made in time for Christmas- I was finishing it off by hand after work on the 23rd, and spent the 24th at work too.  That's retail for you though!  I'm just glad it got finished, as I hadn't got a back up outfit so Christmas morning would have been spend going through my entire wardrobe hunting down something to wear.

As it was, Christmas was really lovely.  I was worried about it a little because it is the first Christmas since my Dad died last spring.  I still miss him everyday, but Christmas is such a family orientated time, you know.  

As it was, we spent the whole day with family; my mum, her partner and my little sister came to ours for breakfast and the first round of presents.  Then we headed to church and then back to my in-laws, with my family, for lunch.  Lunch was for 9, so my MIL did an amazing job feeding us all until bursting.  The day was spend chilling, playing games and relaxing.  It was just what I needed.


So, the details of the dress- I used New Look 6095 and intended to make some small alterations I knew would be needed after using this pattern for my Notebook Dress earlier in the year.  Except, after tracing off the pattern, I cut straight into my fabric- doh! 

Seeing as I had less than a meter of fabric left I had to roll with it.  There was a lot of gaping at the neck line, so I added this pleat detail, which I'm really pleased with!  If I hadn't said anything, I don't think you'd notice that it was an afterthought.  And I'm only telling you because I like to maintain full (or almost full) disclosure on this blog.

So, shift dresses are probably my shape of the year, so you can expect to see a few more in the coming months.





I just want to leave you with a picture of my wonderful (mad) family from Christmas day.  I hope you all have a lovely day too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...