Thursday, 29 January 2015

Life Lately #6

Celebrating 


It feels really odd to be writing about New Years Eve, it feels like it was absolutely ages ago, not three weeks ago! Dave and I opted for a quiet night in with a feast, board games and telly watching. It may not have been an glitzy affare, ( though I did wear a sequinned dress!) but it was the perfect way to welcome in the new year.


Travelling

On New Years Day we flew up to Edenburgh for a long weekend. We did all the touristy fun things, enjoyed a tour bus trip, visited the castle and met up with our friend who took us to some very cool bars. I drank lots of lovely gin based cocktails and we ate in all sorts of yummy restaurants.  


Reading


Reading more is on my personal goals list this year- Reading is a habit I fell out of somewhere midteens and with all the studying and then getting into work routines, I've struggled to pick up many books in recent years.  This year, so far so good though! I've finished two books already and am half way through two morešŸ˜ƒ. Check out my Good Reads profile to keep up with my reviews.


Watching


I'm really exited to have a half season ticket for the Leicester Tigers this year! I love going to games with Dave and his family.  My Dad has taken me to matches since I was a tot so it's really special for me to go and remember those good times.


Knitting


While in Edenburgh I started to knit myself a hat with some lowly wool from the sale at work. I ended up frogging it and starting again though, so this is what it looks like at the moment. I'm still on the deep ribbing, and haven't decided what I want to do with the main body of the hat- more ribbing? A cable? Leave it plain?


Sewing


I finished my first project of the new year last week, keep an eye out for the coming blog post all about it!


Eating

One of the girls in our youth group turned 18 and had this seriously amazing cake! It was a lovely night of fun and dancing.


More Sewing


On my day off this week I made a quick make, but I did it carefully and properly, so it's still something in really proud of and and let me practice my skills. I have even succumbed to accepting hat a hand stitched hem is so much better looking, though it does take longer to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...