Hey guys, hope you're all well. Can you believe it's February already?! I'm enjoying a week off work, which feels like it's been a long time coming. I've got a great week of crafts and sewing and maybe been some baking ahead of me. I'm really looking forward to it! I've made my self a nice list of things to make and do- yay!
My first project of the new year was another archer shirt, in this fab summery cotton from my stash. I sized down from last time and made no other adjustments. I'm super happy with the fit now, I don't like a lot of ease in my clothes. I am thinking, for some variety, I'm going to try adding some length to it next time, so the curve of the hem hits lower on my hip.
And I have started a new love affair- snap fastenings! These ones are Prym hammer in ones, and it was so much fun putting them in. Way more fun than a million button holes, and hand stitching buttons. Plus, being able to rip your shirt off at the end of the day is awesome too!
You can't tell from the final result, but I had a go at pattern matching, kinda. Obviously not very successfully, but that's probably because I forgot all the tips and advice I'd been given and just cut in to my fabric. Yeh, I'm gunna live with it, but it's defiantly something I want to actually get right, so next time I use patterns, I"m going to really try.
This is my second go at the Grainline Archer, and I am a big fan of this pattern. The instructions are really clear and it gives me opportunities to try more advanced techniques, like I finished the shoulder and side seams with a flat felled finish (I'm not entirely sure of the right grammar there). This didn't go perfectly, but I wisely managed to put the few messes on the inside, so there were certainly some lessons learnt from this make.