Thursday, 26 February 2015

Life Lately # 7

Knitting

I'm still working on various projects like this doll blanket.  I'm getting bored but I am forcing myself to finish what I've started, here I am, ploughing on.  At least I've got my knitting group to keep me on track.



Celebrating

My sister turned 19 earlier this month- lucky for me I had the day off so we spent the day wondering around town and watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, followed by dinner out with mum and family friends.  Lovely.



Making 

For G's birthday I made her a make up bag, with a felt kitten face and leopard print lining- custom made you could say ;-)

I've also had a lot of time to play, and have made a new belladone dress and a bunch of jersey tops I've yet to blog about. 




Watching

Despite being a mega Buffy fan, I've not watched more than season one of the spin off, Angel.  Until, now that is!  Missing my heroine, but loving Cordelia stepping up and you can't go wrong with the beautiful face of Mr Boreanaz.

And, it'll come as no surprise that I've been watching the Great British Sewing Bee!  The contestants this year are being given some crazy difficult tasks, I'm so impressed with all of them!  I couldn't dream of making a corset in 4 hours- just no! (Read about Deborah's gorgeous polka dot Anna mix dress on her blog here!)



Eating

Been out for a couple of meals this month, including a lovely lunch date at the garden centre to pick up some new house plants and take some blog photos.  

Also!  Public Service Announcement- Pizza Hut do gluten free pizza!!! And, I'm happy to say, it's rather tasty too.  Wish they'd develop a pan style base too though, for variety.





Reading

I'm aiming to re-read all the Harry Potter books over this year, and I've started off book one on my breaks at work.  I could gush all day about my love for Harry Potter and his magical world, but I'll spare you that now and tell you about another series about wizards I'm loving.

Also enjoying Ben Aaronovitch's series, reading number 4, Broken Homes at the moment.  PC Peter Grant accidentally takes a witness statement from a ghost and gets thrown into the world of magic and its related police work.  Very enjoyable reads.

Recently, I've turned into a really slow reader, barely getting through a chapter a day, if at all.  It makes me so jealous of people who manage to read more often than I do, because I love, love reading.  However, I know I have to prioritise it more.  I really do.

And Finally, I'm still reading the monthly Love Sewing magazine, but I'm going to cancel my subscription now I've had it a year and move on to something different- suggestions in the comments, please!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...