Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Life Lately #8

Drinking
We hit the local beer festival at the beginning of the month- yay!  They even had a gluten free option! Woohoo! Much fun, much drink and much yummy curry was had.


Reading
I've now finished the second in the series of Daughter of Smoke and Bone- and it is awesome!  I actually finished it just days before the next book came out, so I promptly preordered it, meaning it landed on my doorstep day of release.


Mother's Day
We invited both our mothers over for afternoon tea, and I baked a tonne of cake! I don't do a lot of baking these days, so I really enjoyed a bake day.   I made cupcakes, scones and a yummy carrot cake.  Partnered with copious amounts of tea and coffee and sandwiches.  It was a really lovely afternoon.


Shopping
Trying to keep with my commitment to not buy ready to wear clothes I've bought a nice selection of fabrics for more summery projects, but I did buy a new Leicester Tigers Rugby top too*.  

*I do what I want!

Sharing
This month I shared my own sewing space, as part of my blog series.  I tidied up specially, so go and check it out if you haven't already.


Visiting
I went with some of the lovely ladies of my knitting group to the NEC for their Fashion, Embroidery and HobbyCraft show.  This is the loot I came away with, and you can read more about the day here.


Making
I've finally cracked open Tilly's Love at First Stitch and am making up the Megan Dress in this awesome galaxy print quilting cotton.  


Celebrating
David's Birthday!  My husband turned 27 on Saturday, we celebrated with meal and drinks on Friday night and then spent Saturday with his family, also celebrating his Grandma's birthday, because she turned 80 last week.  Much partying!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...