Thursday, 14 May 2015

It's My Birthday and I'll Sew If I Want To

Hey Guys, I hope you've all had a nice day.  I've spend the day sewing at home, with a brief interlude for tea and cake with my mother-in-law.  In my opinion, the best way to spend a day.  Which is good, seeing as today was my birthday.  Woo Hoo!

Because this evening was booked up with a church meeting, Dave booked a restaurant table lat night, for us and our parents, and we enjoyed a lovely meal.  An event which obviously required a new dress!  


Enter my latest Belladone Dress, designed by Deer and Doe patterns.  This is the third incarnation of this pattern that I've made, because I love the shape so darn much! 

For this version I lowered the neck line a little, because I felt it was a little too high after I had adjusted the shoulders to account for my littleness.  I'm really happy with it now, I think it's still fitting with this style of dress.


How mental is this fabric, btw?  Its really that blurry, and it messes with your eyes.  My mum, who is long sighted anyway, had a sudden urge to pop her glasses on when she saw it, but there is nothing you can do, it's supposed to be that way.  

I found this fabric on Minerva Crafts, for £11.99/m, which is more than the average I'd usually pay for fabric, but I actually fell in love with it and didn't care.  I'm so pleased I did, as I've had poor experiences buying fabric online before, but more often than not it's with the gamble.

It's a cotton sateen, with 2% lycra, giving it just the right amount of stretch.  As a finished dress, it's so comfortable!  Even after a big birthday dinner.  I ordered 2m, but managed to get this dress out of just 1.5m, so I've a little extra to play with and will keep it aside for a skirt at some point.


I've not really got anything else to say about the dress, but I had a lovely, lovely day, and I wish you all goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. I love the blurry print,the colour combination is awesome, all my favorite colours combined! At first it made me think that the photo's aren't in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday! That dress and the fabric is pretty awesome as well :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...