Monday, 24 August 2015

Oh, Hello There!!

Hey my lovelys!

How have you been doing? Well, I've had a seriously busy couple of months.  Alongside full time work, I've been to Spain with my sister, on a USA road trip with David and Soul Survivor Camp with my youth group.  Oh, yeh, also I"m starting a business. WHAT?! Oh, yeh, that's what I said.  


In September, we are opening a new haberdashery and workshop space for all you seamstresses out there. I'm going in to business with a lovely woman called Sarah, who has been teaching sewing workshops in Leicestershire for the last two years, and I'm coming in to lead the retail side of the venture.  We've picked ourselves an awesome property in the city centre, and we're opening on the 18th of September.

This has been my dream for a couple of years now- I had a slightly longer time frame in mind, but when opportunity knocks!  I am so excited!  

We've been working hard, planning exciting workshops to put on, buying a shed load of gorgeous fabrics and talking to haberdashery suppliers to bring you the best quality products we can find.   We're also selling Brother sewing machines AND we're going to stock sewing themed gifts and kits and all manner of lovely things.

We're also designing our workshop space, throwing a open weekend event (which you should totally come to!) and booking in some exciting sessions with sewing teachers.  It's all come together really quickly, and there is still a tonne more work to do, but I couldn't be happier. 

So, go, check out my new website, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and stay tuned, because this is the beginning of something amazing!



3 comments:

  1. How very exciting! Best of luck with this venture, it sounds so exciting. Wish I could visit, but Sydney is a little far away! Will definitely be on my list for next time I'm in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting news! Just what Leicester needs, I'll be sure to pop along in the first few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...