Sunday, 20 March 2016

Wearing Checks and Chucks

Hey all,

how is everything going? Ive just got back from a lovely day at the NEC at the Fashion and Embroidery Show with my mum, my friend and her baby, and a lovely lady I met at work.  I'm pretty skint at the moment, so shopping wasn't high on my agenda, but I enjoyed checking out the exhibitions,  the quilt inspiration, the costumes from 'Far From the Madding Crowd' Dickens adaptation which are gorgeous!   I also enjoyed spending time with my mum and the other lovely ladies. I also got to meet Jenniffer Taylor and say 'Hi' to Amy from "Almond Rock".  And I did come away with three meters of fine striped shirting cotton for yet another Archer, or maybe a shirt dress- I'll let future me decide that.


I've been working on this Archer Shirt, by Grainline Studios, for ages- I actually can't quite remember when I cut out the fabric, it was some time around end of summer/ early autumn, and put it together in January this year.  I love the Archer pattern, it's a lovely shape on me and I'm gaining confidence in the techniques it's taught me.  


This time I cut the size 10 again this time for a relaxed style.  With my casual jeans, it makes for a really comfortable and casual outfit.  I liked the tighter fit of the size 8 (US sizes) of my last shirt, as it worked really well underneath jumpers for layering.  I've used a lovely soft brushed cotton check, which is so snuggly and warm to wear! I've worn it a few times so far this year, and I know it will get a lot more wear before I wear it out!  


So I've only used this shirt pattern for myself, and I'm debating if I should try another pattern, see it its any better or offers a different fit or teaches me any more new techniques. I do have the Deer and Doe shirt pattern, which has a waist panel, but I'm thinking about any Big4 patterns or Sewaholic's shirt.  Has anyone used a couple of different shirt patterns? How do they compare?  Is it worth making different patterns for essentially basic shirts?  Let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the shirt and of course love the sneakers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Converse are just soo comfortable!

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...