This time, for me, I've finally found a use for the vintage sheets I've been storing away for ages. I originally picked them up to make sundresses from, but I think that would be a little too twee for me. You know I'm not opposed to some twee in my wardrobe, but I couldn't picture myself wearing this fabric as a dress.
I cut size 5 for the top and 4 for the bottoms, and managed to get both pieces cut from an irregular piece of fabric. I love how little fabric you need to make this set. I'm currently in the middle of making a set of the Closet Case Patterns Carolyn pjs, which have taken up over 5m of narrow fabric! Obviously the coverage offered by the garments differs wildly too.
I used my overlocker to make a narrow rolled hem to finish off the shorts and hem, setting it to create the lettuce leaf finish you can see. I hate turning tiny hems, so this was a bit of a cheat on a garment where the finish wasn't super important.
I need to shorten the straps by another inch or two though, they have twisted around my torso in the night when I wore them, waking me up and generally being a uncomfortable. That's an easy fix though.
The little shorts and vest top pjs are so cute, I'm looking forward to the warmer months so I can wear them all the time.