Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Dimond in the Rough

This is another 'catch up post' of something I made pre-christmas- a fun party skirt using my go to pattern from Alison Smith's DK book called, simply, 'Dressmaking'.  Its a simple a-line skirt with darts, a waist band and side zip.  I've made it countless times.

The fabric is some we bought in at work in November, we had this diamond version and a scalloped version- both of which are reversible!  Its a nice, bottom weight stretch polyester fabric, perfect for skirts, trousers or dresses.  Despite it's stretch, it was pretty stable and easy to work with.

I wore this skirt to my Christmas party, and a few times since- it may have made it's way in to my everyday wardrobe too.  Its super comfortable, and easy to wear.  My go to is to pair it with a black top and a cardigan.



That's all there is to say about this pattern I've used before, but it's nice to make contemporary clothes along side the pretty frocks I love so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...