Monday, 2 May 2016

Signing up for Me Made May 2016

Various factors have conspired against me joining in with Me Made May of the last two years, but I'm  committing again this year- yay!


I have a lot of handmade clothes in my wardrobe now- between sampling for work and sewing for pleasure, I usually do wear at least one me-made a day.  My first thought was to challenge myself to wear all me-made all the time.  But I have made things like cardigans and leggings or jeans, which would either mean wearing all my dresses on rotation for the whole  month (and getting chilly!) or making things to wear in May, which is against the rules.

For those who don't know, or are new to 'So, Zo...'s Me Made May Challenge, the idea is not that you sew specifically for the challenge, but to make more use of the clothes you have already made and maybe evaluate the gaps in your wardrobe, if you want to.  Definitely, NO PANIC-SEWING NECESSARY OR CONDONED!!  This is not a competition.

So, I took it to the ladies at work and asked them how I should challenge myself, and they came up with my personal challenge.  I endeavour to wear full outfits of me-made clothes twice a week for the duration of May.

I'll be posting my daily outfits on Instagram (@freyamaymakes) and do a round up of the month at the end of May.

And, just to specify, this doesn't include underwear, but does include outerwear- I gotta wear my new coat more!  Unless it's too warm, then, well, we'll see.

Anyone else joining in??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...